Book Market Donations
Guidelines for Book Donations
Donations are welcome at Book Market from 10-6 on weekdays and 10-5 on Saturday.
Here are things to consider when deciding on what to donate.
- The IRS only permits tax deductions for donations of items in good condition. If in doubt, ask whether you would offer the item to a friend.
If yes, then the donation is appropriate.
If the item is moldy, mildewed, stained, yellowed, excessively underlined or highlighted, it cannot be accepted.
- New encyclopedias can be accepted. If they are more than 20 years old, they are too old!
- Computer or business materials change so quickly that we will accept only those no older than 5 years.
- The same age applies to medical books. Information more than 5 years old is too old.
- We do not accept Reader’s Digest Condensed Books or vinyl records, but thanks for thinking of us.
- Pirated audio or visual material should not be donated.
- Monthly magazines or periodicals that are less than 2 years old are greatly appreciated.